Developer Summit 2008/Schedule
From SELinux Wiki
This is the schedule for the 2008 SELinux Developer Summit in Ottawa.
To emphasize collaboration, the format of the summit will be a set of moderated panels with presentations.
- Each topic listed is to be a presentation of approximately 10-20 minutes followed by discussion.
- Proposals initially submitted as lightning talks or listed as issues should be no more than 10 minutes.
- Presenters should coordinate topic scope with panel moderators (who are responsible for managing the panel timeslot).
- If you wish to propose further brief issues for discussion, contact the related panel moderator for guidance. While the program is already very tight and the CfP closed, issues of course may arise prior to the summit and be worth covering.
- If you have more details to fill out on existing issues, please edit the wiki entry for the issue or contact someone who can.
- Action items should be collected during each panel for a summit report (to be posted to the mailing list).
 08:00 - 08:30
Arrival and registration.
The OLS registration desk should be open from 8am.
 08:30 - 08:40
Welcome, agenda finalization.
 08:40 - 09:40
Moderator: Stephen Smalley
- Online resource management.
- Other distributions.
- FMAC and the Flask/TE community (John Weeks).
 09:40 - 10:40
Moderator: Dan Walsh
- Real World MLS Label Translation in SELinux (Joe Nall) (slides)
- Embedded SELinux Activities in Japan (Yuichi Nakamura)
- Meeting Government Security Requirements With SELinux (Karl MacMillan) (slides)
 10:40 - 11:00
 11:00 - 12:30
Moderator: Paul Moore
- Flask/TE Support for X (Eamon Walsh) (slides)
- Desktop Integration (Eamon Walsh and Jim Carter) (slides)
- Confining X Windows with XACE (Dan Walsh)
- Secure Copy & Paste Manager (Xavier Toth) (slides)
- Administrative Security Boundaries (Dan Walsh)
 12:30 - 13:30
 13:30 - 14:30
Panel: Distributed Technologies
Moderator: James Morris
- State of the Labeled NFS Effort (Dave Quigley) (slides)
- State of Labeled Networking on SELinux (Paul Moore) (slides)
- Secmark integration
 14:30 - 15:30
Panel: Policy Configuration
Moderator: Stephen Smalley
- Reference Policy Year in Review (Christopher J. PeBenito) (slides)
- Alternatives to Comprehensive Least Privilege (Karl MacMillan) (slides)
- Towards Application-Oriented Policy Configuration for SELinux (Berthold Agreiter) (slides)
 15:30 - 16:00
 16:00 - 17:30
Panel: Policy Infrastructure
Moderator: Karl MacMillan
- Current Policy Language Research (James Carter) (slides)
- Policy Access Control and PolicyRep (Joshua Brindle) (slides)
- Lobster and Shrimp (Peter White) (slides)
- Policy Tools (Dan Walsh)
 17:30 - 18:30
Panel: Emerging Technology/Works in Progress
Moderator: Pete Loscocco
- Integrity Measurement Policies (David Safford and Mimi Zohar) (slides)
- Sanctions and the LSM (Casey Schaufler) (slides)
- Containers/zones (Stephen Smalley)
 19:00 - 00:00