Developer Summit 2008/Schedule

From SELinux Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Revision as of 10:11, 13 May 2008 (edit)
WikiSysop (Talk | contribs)
m
← Previous diff
Current revision (13:17, 23 July 2008) (edit) (undo)
JamesMorris (Talk | contribs)
(08:40 - 09:40)
 
(One intermediate revision not shown.)
Line 36: Line 36:
<br /> <br />
Topics: Topics:
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#SELinux_in_Ubuntu|SELinux in Ubuntu]] (Joshua Brindle)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#SELinux_in_Ubuntu|SELinux in Ubuntu]] (Joshua Brindle) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_brindle_ubuntu.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Applying_Flask.2FTE_to_OpenSolaris|Applying Flask/TE to OpenSolaris]] (John Weeks)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Applying_Flask.2FTE_to_OpenSolaris|Applying Flask/TE to OpenSolaris]] (John Weeks) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_weeks.pdf ''(slides)'']
<br /> <br />
Issues: Issues:
Line 46: Line 46:
---- ----
 +
=== 09:40 - 10:40 === === 09:40 - 10:40 ===
'''Panel: Applications''' '''Panel: Applications'''
Line 54: Line 55:
<br /> <br />
Topics: Topics:
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Real_world_MLS_label_translation_in_SELinux|Real World MLS Label Translation in SELinux]] (Joe Nall)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Real_world_MLS_label_translation_in_SELinux|Real World MLS Label Translation in SELinux]] (Joe Nall) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_nall.pdf ''(slides)'']
* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Embedded_SELinux_Activities_in_Japan|Embedded SELinux Activities in Japan]] (Yuichi Nakamura) * [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Embedded_SELinux_Activities_in_Japan|Embedded SELinux Activities in Japan]] (Yuichi Nakamura)
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Meeting_Government_Security_Requirements_With_SELinux_.28L.29|Meeting Government Security Requirements With SELinux]] (Karl MacMillan)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Meeting_Government_Security_Requirements_With_SELinux_.28L.29|Meeting Government Security Requirements With SELinux]] (Karl MacMillan) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_macmillan_clip.pdf ''(slides)'']
---- ----
Line 71: Line 72:
<br /> <br />
Topics: Topics:
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Flask.2FTE_Support_for_X|Flask/TE Support for X]] (Eamon Walsh)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Flask.2FTE_Support_for_X|Flask/TE Support for X]] (Eamon Walsh) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_ewalsh.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Destkop_Integration|Desktop Integration]] (Eamon Walsh and Jim Carter)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Destkop_Integration|Desktop Integration]] (Eamon Walsh and Jim Carter) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_carter_metacity.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Confining_X_Windows_with_XACE_.28L.29|Confining X Windows with XACE]] (Dan Walsh)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Confining_X_Windows_with_XACE_.28L.29|Confining X Windows with XACE]] (Dan Walsh)
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Secure_Copy_.26_Paste_Manager_.28L.29|Secure Copy & Paste Manager]] (Xavier Toth)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Secure_Copy_.26_Paste_Manager_.28L.29|Secure Copy & Paste Manager]] (Xavier Toth) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_toth.pdf ''(slides)'']
<br /> <br />
Issues: Issues:
Line 92: Line 93:
<br /> <br />
Topics: Topics:
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#State_of_Labeled_NFS_Effort|State of the Labeled NFS Effort]] (Dave Quigley)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#State_of_Labeled_NFS_Effort|State of the Labeled NFS Effort]] (Dave Quigley) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_quigley.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#State_of_Labeled_Networking_on_SELinux|State of Labeled Networking on SELinux]] (Paul Moore)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#State_of_Labeled_Networking_on_SELinux|State of Labeled Networking on SELinux]] (Paul Moore) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_moore.pdf ''(slides)'']
<br /> <br />
Issues: Issues:
Line 108: Line 109:
Topics: Topics:
<br /> <br />
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Reference_Policy_Year_in_Review| Reference Policy Year in Review]] (Christopher J. PeBenito)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Reference_Policy_Year_in_Review| Reference Policy Year in Review]] (Christopher J. PeBenito) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_pebenito.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Alternatives_to_Comprehensive_Least_Privilege|Alternatives to Comprehensive Least Privilege]] (Karl MacMillan)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Alternatives_to_Comprehensive_Least_Privilege|Alternatives to Comprehensive Least Privilege]] (Karl MacMillan) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_macmillan_policy.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Towards_Application-Oriented_Policy_Configuration_for_SELinux_.28L.29 |Towards Application-Oriented Policy Configuration for SELinux]] (Berthold Agreiter)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Towards_Application-Oriented_Policy_Configuration_for_SELinux_.28L.29 |Towards Application-Oriented Policy Configuration for SELinux]] (Berthold Agreiter) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_agreiter.pdf ''(slides)'']
---- ----
Line 125: Line 126:
<br /> <br />
Topics: Topics:
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Current_Policy_Language_Research|Current Policy Language Research]] (James Carter)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Current_Policy_Language_Research|Current Policy Language Research]] (James Carter) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_carter_language.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Policy_Access_Control_and_PolicyRep|Policy Access Control and PolicyRep]] (Joshua Brindle)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Policy_Access_Control_and_PolicyRep|Policy Access Control and PolicyRep]] (Joshua Brindle) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_brindle.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Lobster_and_Shrimp|Lobster and Shrimp]] (Peter White)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Lobster_and_Shrimp|Lobster and Shrimp]] (Peter White) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_white.pdf ''(slides)'']
<br /> <br />
Issues: Issues:
Line 142: Line 143:
Topics: Topics:
<br /> <br />
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Integrity_Measurement_Policies|Integrity Measurement Policies]] (David Safford and Mimi Zohar)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Integrity_Measurement_Policies|Integrity Measurement Policies]] (David Safford and Mimi Zohar) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_zohar.pdf ''(slides)'']
-* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Sanctions_and_the_LSM|Sanctions and the LSM]] (Casey Schaufler)+* [[Developer_Summit_2008/Topics#Sanctions_and_the_LSM|Sanctions and the LSM]] (Casey Schaufler) [http://selinuxproject.org/files/2008_selinux_developer_summit/2008_summit_schaufler.pdf ''(slides)'']
<br> <br>
Issues: Issues:

Current revision


[edit] Introduction

This is the schedule for the 2008 SELinux Developer Summit in Ottawa.


To emphasize collaboration, the format of the summit will be a set of moderated panels with presentations.

  • Each topic listed is to be a presentation of approximately 10-20 minutes followed by discussion.
  • Proposals initially submitted as lightning talks or listed as issues should be no more than 10 minutes.
  • Presenters should coordinate topic scope with panel moderators (who are responsible for managing the panel timeslot).
  • If you wish to propose further brief issues for discussion, contact the related panel moderator for guidance. While the program is already very tight and the CfP closed, issues of course may arise prior to the summit and be worth covering.
  • If you have more details to fill out on existing issues, please edit the wiki entry for the issue or contact someone who can.
  • Action items should be collected during each panel for a summit report (to be posted to the mailing list).

[edit] Schedule

[edit] 08:00 - 08:30

Arrival and registration.

The OLS registration desk should be open from 8am.


[edit] 08:30 - 08:40

Welcome, agenda finalization.


[edit] 08:40 - 09:40

Panel: Community

Moderator: Stephen Smalley

Topics:


Issues:


[edit] 09:40 - 10:40

Panel: Applications

Moderator: Dan Walsh

Topics:


[edit] 10:40 - 11:00

BREAK


[edit] 11:00 - 12:30

Panel: Desktop

Moderator: Paul Moore

Topics:


Issues:


[edit] 12:30 - 13:30

LUNCH


[edit] 13:30 - 14:30

Panel: Distributed Technologies

Moderator: James Morris

Topics:


Issues:

  • Secmark integration

[edit] 14:30 - 15:30

Panel: Policy Configuration

Moderator: Stephen Smalley

Topics:


[edit] 15:30 - 16:00

BREAK


[edit] 16:00 - 17:30

Panel: Policy Infrastructure

Moderator: Karl MacMillan

Topics:


Issues:


[edit] 17:30 - 18:30

Panel: Emerging Technology/Works in Progress

Moderator: Pete Loscocco

Topics:


Issues:

  • Containers/zones (Stephen Smalley)

[edit] 19:00 - 00:00

Informal dinner


Personal tools